Hundreds and Thousands: The Journals of an Artist by Emily Carr (1986-12-30)

Category: Books

Hundreds and Thousands: The Journals of an Artist by Emily Carr (1986-12-30) Details

Reviews

I thoroughly enjoyed reading Ms. Carr's honest, humble, and often humorous thoughts about her work, her passions and frustrations, and the scenes and people she encountered. I always feel I'm having a great conversation with a close friend when reading her books -- one of those conversations where you keep violently agreeing with each other -- because she felt most at home in the deep forest of the Pacific Northwest, as I do. She was a remarkable person in that despite the drudgery she sometimes faced in making a living, and her long struggle to be respected as an artist, she never lost sight of her inspiration in nature. She thought she was pessimistic and grouchy, but her journals show a different picture. What an inspiring and fun human being! I will read her books again and again, I'm sure, especially when I need to refocus.

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel